Friday, September 26, 2008

The calm before the storm

So, to catch everyone up to speed, as we have been a little belated in these posts, we are still in Jersey, and we leave for Mexico City on Wednesday, October 1.

Last Friday was a mellow, at home kinda day, other than visiting mom at her school. The rest of the day was spent just catching up with family, doing a little hiking, great curry dinner and lovely wine. On Saturday and Sunday, we were at our beach house in Long Beach Island, cooking, drinking, laughing. My mom and I went on a 12 mile bike ride on one side of the island, and then the following morning we went kayaking out to the little islands in the bay. So beautiful!

Monday was a shopping day for all the bits and pieces we still needed. We also had to go and figure out some financial stuff, as Capital One informed me that we were no longer eligible for their account since we would be out of the country for more than six months. Great timing, eh?, Tuesday was mom's birthday, so basically a bit more cooking and drinking! Anthony and Roger came over, as did Skip and Lauren, and we had a great time shooting the shit all night. On Wednesday I CHOPPED OFF ALL OF MY HAIR!! I have heard awesome reviews such as pixie like, peter pan-like, and "better than I thought it would look!", which are all amazing. However, I love it!

Yesterday we headed into the city to drop off my application for my Brazilian visa, and to meet up with Skip and Lauren. We went to lunch at John's pizzeria, and then hung out in Bryant Park until it was time to leave for the Mets/Cubs game at Shae. It was a killer game!! It looked bad for the Mets until the end, where they caught up and kicked ass. Lauren had never been to a baseball game before, and they are about to tear down Shae Stadium, so it was even more fun to be there. It started pouring during the 4th inning, but thankfully we were in loge seats under the overhang, so we kept dry. Such a fun night! We got back to their place in Jersey City around 11:30, where Skip and Oli proceeded to drink unmentionable quantities of wine. I am sick as a dog, so I took some Nyquil and passed out. I think Lauren went to bed early too.

Today we are off to pick up my passport at the Brazilian Embassy, grab some lunch, and back to Morristown! Time is becoming surreal, and we are so excited to leave. We miss everyone, and please email us your address if you want some postcards! xoxo

Yesterday we headed into the city to drop off my application for my Brazilian

No comments: